Since version 1.5.5 you can add attachments to your KB articles. All files are stored in media library and can be later downloaded by users on the client side.
Currently MinervaKB recognizes 8 file type groups:
- Plain text files (.txt, .md)
- Archives (.zip, .rar, etc.)
- Office text documents (.doc, .docx, .odt, etc)
- Office spreadsheet documents (.xls, .xlsx, .ods, etc)
- Images (.png, .jpeg, .gif, etc.)
- PDF files
- Video files (.mpg, .avi, .mov, etc.)
- Audio files (.mp3, .oga, .aac, etc.)
Files are recognized by combination of their extension and MIME type. Each of these types have their own icon and color settings. All other files are treated as default file and have default icon and color.
You can add attachments using meta box section under article editor screen.
Clicking Add article attachment button will open Media ulpoad window, similar to post editor Media upload dialog. You can select single or multiple attachments at once. Also, you can reorder them using drag n drop.
The image above shows how attachments list look on site. All the icons and colors can be changed in MinervaKB – Settings – Article attachments.